Beyoncé hops on a remix of "Mi gente" and brings Españyoncé out of retirement

J Balvin and Willy William featuring Beyoncé - Mi gente (Remix) | Random J Pop

The President of the United Amazonian kingdom of wigs has hopped on a remix of J Balvin and Willy William's hit "Mi gente", marking the first piece of new music that Beyoncé has put out since giving birth to her twins Red Tulip and Green aloe. The original version of "Mi gente" went to number 1 in over 10 countries earlier this year from when it was first released in June. Given the success of "Despatico" and the "Maria Maria" bastardised "Wild thoughts" which sounds so much like "Maria Maria" that I didn't even see the point in it - this is guaranteed to see success with Beyoncé on board. AND...there is the humanitarian angle, with all proceeds from sales of the song will going towards relief efforts for Puerto Rico, Mexico and the Caribbean islands.


Ever the social account creeper and general media cherry picker, Beyoncé addresses her haters, her big ol' post pregnancy titties and Jay-Z's direct response to Lemonade, 4:44. I'm always down for a bit of Humouryoncé.

Españyoncé marks her return for the first time in 8 years since the Spanish release of her 2008 I am... Sasha Fierce single "If I were a boy". Being a J-Pop fan and an avid listener of French pop, I love hearing songs in languages other than English. I can't speak for how well Latinayoncé's Spanish is not being a Spanish speaker myself, but I love how her voice sounds in it.

To my Spanish speaking readers. I pose you this question. What do you rate Españyoncé's Spanish on a scale of 1 to 10?

Comments