Remix: Justin Timberlake - Suit & tie (Julio Bashmore remix)

Remix: Justin Timberlake - Suit & tie (Julio Bashmore remix) | Random J Pop

Julio Bashmore's name was on many lips at one point as a result of his amazing work on Jessie Ware's critically acclaimed debut Devotion. And he's setting tongues wagging again as a result of his remix of Justin Timberlake's not-shitty-but-still-overly-underwhelming comeback single "Suit and tie". Bashmore takes Justin's Marvin Gaye-swagger-jacked-drizzle and breathes new life into it with a UK stank which treads the line between dance and funky house. It's light on the inclusion of actual vocal segments from the original, but makes wholesome use of a riff consisting of layer upon layer of Justin's ad-libs.


This is exactly what I need to hear on the radio during the Summer. It'd be great if Justin acknowledged Bashmore's remix by commissioning a music video for it and he'd get mad cool points if he actually performed a re-worked version of this at his headlining set at the London Wireless festival in July. Justin needs to toss Bashmore a follow on Twitter and let his people know about this shit, because this remix is giving me what I need and the original could never. It's like the 90's just pimp slapped my ears...AND I LOVE IT!

Be sure to play this up loud. The bass goes harder than Serena Williams' thighs.

Comments

  1. Wow, I actually really like this! I usually don't like when R&B songs get the "house" treatment, but this was extremely well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love this. Sound nothing like the original and that is an excellent thing.

    This is what all remixes should do, but rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my 2nd time posting this. Why was my first one deleted?

      Delete
  3. Julio Bashmore is a master!!! I've been listening to his work like it's crack since 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed