Mariah "performs" at Jimmy Kimmel live

I say "performs", because we know what this entails when it comes to Mariah: four minutes of standing in one spot hitting bad notes and miming when her ass can't be bothered to sing. Mariah appeared on Jimmy Kimmel live a couple of days ago and graced a huge crowd to her renditions of her current single "I'll be loving U long time" and E=MC² cut "Side effects".


I'll be loving U long time / Touch my body


Side effects

The "I'll be lovin' U long time / Touch my body" performance was straight whack. She's lucky the song is so hot that her mediocre performance didn't butcher the song. Although the inclusion of the verse from "Touch my body" almost did just that. As for her performance of "Side effects" I swear she was miming 80% of it. The bitch has ZERO stage prescence. Thank God for Young Jeezy bringing something to the table. Where was Mariah's attitude? Where was her swagger? She did that song no justice. She stood on the same spot for the whole performance and just outstretched her hand. A song like "Side effects" needs some sass and some attitude. Wearing a black wife beater and a leather mini skirt does not compensate. Mariah needs to fix up. She knows she needs to, we know she needs to - but we all know she won't. Not when she can give these whack performances and still go platinum. "Side effects" wasn't a song I used to play all that often, but I've begun to play it quite a bit as of late. It definitley should've been a single instead of "Bye bye".

Comments

  1. "Side Effects" is straight FIRE! I hope she releases it as a single. That bridge is hot, the beat is tight, and Young Jeezy fits in good.

    *watches videos*

    The "I'll Be Lovin' You Long Time" performance wasn't that bad, but definitely weaker than the one at the Japan VMA's you posted. As for the inclusion of the verse from "Touch My Body", it was definitely out of place, but it's funny, it sounded better than any of the times she actually sang the entire song, lol!

    The "Side Effects" performance was some bullshit! She made a hot ass song like that BORING! I'm scrolling down to write this comment and just listen to it because the performance is so boring. For a song like this, she needs to be walking around with "F**k you!" type of attitude and working it, and instead she's standing there looking sad and scared. Please! The only part I liked was the end, and that's because she actually sang.

    Nice post though! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed