A lil' bit of Keri Hilson: "Do it", push-back and another appearance in a music video

Keri Hilson recently did a performance of a song from her debut album that seems like it'll never see the light of day. The song is called "Do it" and it samples Grace Jones' "My Jamacian guy", although many will undoubtedly recognize the sample from the more popular "Doin' it" by LL Cool J.


The crowd were so dead it was making me feel uncomfortable on Keri Hilson's behalf. But she sounded hot, was working the moves and I'm totally digging the song. The beat is hot and it's really catchy. This song will definitely sound nice in the clubs and me-thinks it'd make a hot single.

In more Keri Hilson related news, the release of her debut album In a perfect world... has been pushed back again from September 23 to October 7. This is not a good look. Especially seeing as "Energy" ain't doin' shit on the charts right now. A single from Keri should've been released at a time when a song she had either written or featured on was getting mad exposure. "The way I are" was when the iron was its hottest. I think releasing the likes of "Do it" off the back of "The way I are" would've been a good move. Her label also need to do some shit in the UK, because she gets a lot of over over here. All of my female friends are bang in love with the song "Energy" and after seeing Keri strut her stuff in the videos to "The way I are" and "Scream" - lads in the UK definitely want to see more of her.

In more positive Keri news, she's set to feature in the music video for Ne-Yo's "Miss independent". The song has the potential to be a big hit for him, so hopefully Keri's inclusion in the video should help her a bit. I'm hoping a remix surfaces with her on it.

Comments

  1. I heard "Energy" on the radio a couple weeks back. The song has really grown one me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed