Music video: Perfume bring out the kung-fu for "Flash"

Music video: Perfume bring out the kung-fu for "Flash" | Random J Pop

Perfume are sneaking out a last single mere weeks before the release of their 5th studio album, as if we have not heard enough of it by this point. "Flash" has been doing the rounds in varied forms over the past few weeks, but now we have the official music video.



I do not like this song. It’s dead like Tama the railway cat. (Unless of course the album mix can turn it all around). But I really like the visuals. Perfume’s outfits genuinely look nice. The shoes are still a damn mess. Perfume’s pump game is an atrocity. I miss the days of Game and Triangle when somebody actually gave a damn about the footwear and allowed the girls to wear more than one style of shoe. But it is nice to see Perfume roll out with a video which has a really clean visual, following the sloppy messes which are their Cosmic explorer album covers. The look and aesthetic in this "Flash" video should have been the visual concept for the album. But I won’t go there.

I’m done with the kung-fu choreography though. It was cool in “Cling cling”. But I was done with it in “Ijiwaru na hello” (which I think is one of Perfume’s worst and sloppiest routines) and I’m beyond done with it here.

Shout outs to Nocchi, because was hitting those marks in this video. Girl was moving and whipping her little onigiri bob in a way I’ve not seen in some time.

Comments