Music video: Kumi Koda - Pop diva

Music video: Kumi Koda (倖田來未) - Pop diva | Random J Pop

This video felt like an Ayu rip off. Then again, the whole of Kumi's career has pretty much been blueprinted after Ayumi Hamasaki's. It was also a Britney rip off.


The video was cool to watch. But I wouldn't watch it again. I feel a song like this should have had a straight performance video. Some fancy lighting, choreographed dancing, about 10 wig changes and some serious swag. Instead we get some super hero bullshit.

How the hell are you gonna drop a pop banger and then stand in front of a fan in some ball gown and not dance!?

"Pop deeba" is a banger though. I'm all about that beat.

Comments

  1. LMAO @ "Pop deeba" XD

    I like the song, very catchy, but to me the music video is a mess. It was a bad mesh-mash of Britney's Toxic, Utada's You Make Me Want to be a Man and, as you say, Ayumi's various vids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yeah i love the song and the vid is good but it is like a mash up of Britneys "Toxic", Spice girls and "Spice up your life" i mean... the bit when she was going over the edge of the building is just shamelessly ripping Toxic off lol
    Good vid though and i like the new weave lol, i hate her with short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it actually is a complete mash up of Toxic and Spice Up Your Life. Well recognised.

    I'm glad Kumi's back with another club-styled pop song. It's what she's best at. But the 'singing' in the chorus... That may keep me from playing this one on loop. I suppose it may be asking too much to ask for a new single to live up to the likes of Taboo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Kumi should avoid speaking in engrish. The beginning was barely understandable lol. I never liked Koda Kumi, but I can't lie the beat for this song is hot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed