Janelle drops an acoustic version of "Cold war"

Janelle Monáe performs 'Cold war' at Outside land | Live performance
Janelle did a set at Outside lands where she performed an emotionally charged acoustic version of her single "Cold war". I need not say what I'm about to say, but I will anyway: she shut it down. I swear this woman doesn't know how not to.


I always love when an artist takes an already great song, and drops a video and live performance of it which give it a whole new take and meaning. I had no idea "Cold war" held such meaning to Janelle until I saw the video and watched this performance. I'd love to know what moment in her life she drew on to write the song, but I doubt we'll ever truly know.

Give it a read: The ArchAndroid album review

Janelle performs 'Cold war' at Outside lands festival @ Pinboard

Comments

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed