Music video: Girl next door - Freedom


The video reminded me of The Forehead's "Hard" music video, but with a cheaper budget and better dancing.

"Freedom" is a much darker and edgier song than Girl next door have released in the past. I don't think it's their strongest single. Parts of the song reminded me a little too much of Gaga's "Poker face" (and if you can't hear why, then lucky you. You haven't been spammed with the song for the past year like I have). I think the song is pretty crap to be honest. I think their past singles were a heck of a lot better.

"Freedom" is a brand new single which does not feature on their album Next future which only released in January. Girl next door are signed to AvexTrax, and we know how this label rolls: Just keep the artists putting out singles constantly until fans are broke.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of Girl next door. But I do like them. I fell for 2 of their songs as a result of hearing them play as closing themes in a couple of J-drama's I'd been watching. Atashinchi no danshi had me stan for their #1 hit "Infinity" and Untouchable is what drew me to the sweet 'n beautiful "Orion". Be sure to check them out if you haven't already. They're great songs.

Comments