A snippet of Beyoncé's "Now I know"

Beyoncé - Now I knowA snippet of (what is claimed to be) a new Beyoncé song has leaked and it's titled "Now I know". I warn you in advance for those expecting something mind blowing and uptempo...

Listen: Beyonce - Now I know
© 2008 Columbia records, Sony BMG music entertainment / Music world entertainment

Sounds like some slow Leona Lewis bullshit. I'm not feeling it and I don't care if the clip is only 19 seconds long. Unless this shit switches up into horns, whistles, handclaps - I can't see myself liking this song any more when the full version leaks. I just don't like when Beyoncé does these slow songs because her voice annoys me. Ballads give her a bigger window to oversing and elongate every damn note. Plus, I just don't FEEL her on these ballads. I find it easier to believe her when she's singing over an uptempo beat about upgrading a n***a, wanting to get herself bodied in the corner of a club or wanting a dude to check up on her booty. Beyoncé should stay away from these songs. Does she not remember how "Stand up for love" bombed like Al Queda on the charts?

I've not liked any of these new songs that have leaked from her so far. I'm getting this feeling in the pit of my stomach that that Timbaland songs that Tim mentioned he was cutting with Beyoncé will not be on the album. I'm hoping I'm wrong, because I've wanted Tim to lace Beyoncé ever since Destiny's Child's "Get on the bus" - a song I still play to this day. Many other producers have confessed to working with Beyoncé on her forthcoming third solo album - some of whom are Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and Alicia Keys primary producer and beau, Kerry 'Krucial Keys' Brothers.

Hopefully these leaked songs are not indicative of what the album will sound like and they'll all get scrapped like yesterdays weave, because shit sounds underwhelming.

Comments

  1. I don't totally hate it, but then again I do like Beyonce a little more than average. I don't stan for anyone but Aaliyah and Alicia K., but this chick is pretty far up on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J..The song is Unfinished.I can Tell that! Too simple for Bey..The harmonies are so so..That's not "her"..She can DO BETTER than THAT.Its sounds like a First take recording.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed