M-Dolla on BET 106 & Park

Madonna hit up BET 106 & Park. No, I'm not joking. She really did. I know she did a gig with Pharrell, Timbaland and Danja for her Hard candy album, but DAMN! I never thought I would see the day that Madonna would appear on BET 106 & Park.



Madonna's been on BET, which means she's officially made the Urban pass - so we're now obliged to refer to her as 'M-Dolla'. Something just didn't feel right about her appearance on this show. Some folk are going to be pissed that the likes of M-Dolla was on BET because of what M-Dolla represents and what BET is supposed to represent, but shit happens, lines blur and things aren't as (excuse the pun) black and white as they seem. I think M-Dolla could've won more people over if she was warmer and appeared with Timbaland or Pharrell Williams, but instead she was a lone cold bitch and seemed awkward and detached - just like some of her music.

I'm not going to go into the in's and outs of why M-Dolla should or shouldn't have been given a spot on BET and how this re-enforces alot of what people thought about BET as a network in the first place. But I will say that:
a) M-Dolla is pimpin' all three hundred and sixty degree's of the urban angle.
b) Folk wouldn't be fussed so much if Justin Timberlake appeared on BET.
c) M-Dolla's stylist must hate the hell out of her.

If M-Dolla's supposed to be a style icon, then I was not seeing any evidence of that in the above video. Home girl was not looking sexy, fly or gangsta in that shit. She looked like a prostitute from a Charles Dickens novel. I actually would've preferred her to have worn a white wife beater, ripped jeans, a pair of BAPE's and a do-rag.

Comments

  1. Her outfit just screams 'the Black Widow' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitch looks like Cruella Deville!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed